It has been 3 and half years since Ally became a treasured member of our family. She's now the CEO of Urban Hound Social and everyone knows who's boss, including Rollo, the COO.
We adopted Ally from Pekingese Rescue, a non-profit organisation that rescues, rehabilitates and re-homes Pekingese dogs in South Africa.
It was Autumn 2017. Ally was living in Pretoria at the time, amongst many other pup rescues. We were sent a video of Ally “talking” into camera and it was love at first sight.
We were told Ally had been found on the side of the road, shivering and unable to walk after being flung from a moving car. She had undergone surgery on her back legs and a plate placed into her left one. She was tiny, traumatised and in need of love and a safety. We had to oblige.
3 years on and Ally is still our little princess, an accomplished CEO and yes, still “talking” at every opportunity. We like to think it’s her saying, “Thank you, my hoomans.”
Talking about hoomans, to the amazing ones at Pekingese Rescue of South Africa, thank you for saving our little Ally and for all the amazing work that you do. We hope that this blog post sheds light on all the good that you do and all the animals that you have saved and continue to save.
If you’re still reading this and have been moved, even a little, by Ally’s story, pls help Pekingese Rescue help other Ally’s out there. Simply head here https://www.facebook.com/pekesa/ and donate anything you can to save a pup. The NPO depends on fundraising and donations to save Pekingese pups.
Their bank details:
Bank Name: ABSA BANK
Account number: 4078287462
Branch code: 632005
10 Reasons to Adopt a Rescue Pup.
1. You literally get to save an adorable little life and make them feel big.
2. You get to stop the influence of puppy mills and breeding factories.
3. You avoid the exorbitant prices breeders and puppy mills charge.
4. You get a pup that’s already spayed and up-to-date with vaccinations.
5. You get to reduce the number of euthanised animals.
6. You get to open up space for more animals in desperate need of shelter.
7. You get to make the world and your family a little happier and furrier.
8. You get to save yourself thanks to your pup’s unconditional love.
9. You get to make a new bestie for life.
10. You get to live a healthier life with your furry daily workout partner.
If you still need a reason to adopt, simply head to your nearest shelter, approach a pup or two and the best reason of all will be staring back at you, their tails wagging and your heart will suddenly feel full.
Be a good hooman. Adopt. Support shelters. Make the world a happier, furrier place.